A new collaborative housing policy workgroup aimed at encouraging the building of more workforce housing in Bend has released an RFP for project support, and invites community members interested in the workgroup to take a short survey.
The group seeks project management to coordinate a stakeholder team of about 25-30 organizations engaged in housing issues in Bend to achieve the following goals:
- Clearly define workforce housing needs in Bend at the roughly 80 to 175 percent of area median income level, and resource map inventory and housing support services provided in the region
- Organize stakeholders to work together to develop clear recommendations on tools and policies that encourage the building of workforce housing in Bend
- Organize stakeholders to work together to advocate for implementation of workgroup recommendations.
Workgroup steering committee members include:
- Seth Anderson—American Institute of Architects Southwestern Oregon Chapter
- Carolyn Eagan—City of Bend
- Kim Gammond—Central Oregon Association of Realtors
- Tom Kemper—Housing Works
- Tim Knopp—COBA/State Senator District 27
- Justin Livingston—City of Bend Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
- Erin Foote Morgan—Bend 2030
- Kirk Schueler—Brooks Resources Corporation
- Kelly Sparks—OSU-Cascades
Proposals are due Oct. 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org.